Sarah Matthews Dog Behaviour and Training is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Sarah Matthews Dog Behaviour and Training may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. We recommend you should check this page regularly to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We collect and store information required to enrol you and your dog on training classes, 1 to 1 training sessions or behaviour consultations via email or telephone. The information collected will include your name, address, contact phone numbers and email address, details of the service you have chosen and payment amounts.
We require this information to provide you with your chosen service and for internal record keeping.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you.
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• As needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to contact you to arrange classes, behaviour consultations or 1 to 1 sessions;
• When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
• If necessary to comply with a legal obligation, such as retaining information about the services we have provided to you if required by tax law.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Referring veterinary practices. We share outcomes of behaviour consultations with the veterinary practice who referred you to us, in order to fulfil our contract for behaviour assessment.
• Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services for us, such as delivery companies (like Royal Mail) we will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests such as tax issues; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
How and Where Do We Store or Transfer Your Data
We will only store or transfer your personal data within the European Economic Area (the EEA.) The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein. This means that your personal data will be fully protected under the GDPR or to equivalent standards by law.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Outside of exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Sarah Matthews Dog Behaviour & Training
For purposes of EU data protection law, we, Sarah Matthews Dog Behaviour and Training , are the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at:
PO BOX 288, Romsey, SO51 6WE.